Discovered Golf Club Handle

FRAMED Why Michael Skakel Spent Over A Decade in Prison For A Murder He Didn't Commit
SIMCHA1050

Unread post 19 Apr 2017, 02:29 #1

The news just 21 hours ago is that a golf club handed was discovered on the Terrain property in 1999 and A Kaelin lawyers are now claiming this so called evidence may exonerate Michael. Wishful thinking as it could implicate him more if the handle turns out to be the match for the murder weapons. His cousin Jimmy could have h elped with the cover up.

Strange how these handle stories pop up every now and then in the City Confidential coverage of the Moxley murder, a retired actress named Betsy who lives in Greenich (and since died) recointed how someone told her the current owners of the Skakel house found a club handlet in the attic. Don't know if anyone ever followed up on that.

EZPB

Unread post 21 Apr 2017, 16:47 #2

For his ending in Season in Purgatory, Dominick Dunne had a couple of kids in Hadlyme out fishing recover a years old garbage bag inside which they found a broken off part of a baseball bat. There was always the hope that if police could only locate the the missing handle of the golf club, there'd be a clear answer to "Who Killed Martha Moxley?"
And for a while in 1993, when Dominick was on his book tour, it almost seemed as if life might imitate art.
On May 13, 1993 Jeannie Williams reported this for USA Today:
"Dunne taped a Joan Rivers Show to air Wednesday, revealing that the missing half of a golf club used in the beating death of Martha Moxley - the half where fingerprints would have been - has just been found "in a house for sale in Greenwich."
Liz Smith chimed in for Newsday on the 20th:
Author Dunne believes there was more than one person involved in the killing, and he recently received some stunning information about that long-missing other half of the club. He understands it was discovered in the about-to-be -sold  house of a Skakel cousin who was also on the murder scene.
That same day in the now defunct Greenwich News, Michelle Gelormine reported:
Just last week Mr. Dunne was contacted by a Greenwich woman who told him that the missing shaft from the golf club was discovered in a trash bin in the basement of a home on Cliffdale road recently. The house is for sale and is owned by a relative of one of the suspects in the case, Dunne said. When the Greenwich News contacted the person who allegedly found the missing club, that person became agitated and said, "I won't talk about it. I won't confirm it."
In his book "Justice" Dominick told a different but similar story about the club, I suppose from July of 1999 or so, though it's difficult to tell. As he has it, a very good-looking woman came up to him at a bookstore in Manchester, Vermont.
"I know where the grip part of the golf club is," she said. "Are you going to tell me? It's very important," I said. "No," she replied, and left the store.
Hopefully these new witnesses will be not only deposed but will testify in the federal habeas that the Skakel attorneys will be re-starting once the Bishop stuff has been resolved. It would be nice to hear what they have to say!
Last edited by EZPB on 23 Apr 2017, 15:20, edited 1 time in total.

SIMCHA1050

Unread post 23 Apr 2017, 01:56 #3

I suppose forensics would be able to match grip with remaining pieces of handle if not too deteriorated. If do, where it was found would be of some consequence, but no prints would be preserved after this long. Another wild goose chase by the defence.

EZPB

Unread post 23 Apr 2017, 02:04 #4

Oh, there's no chance it will be found. The whole idea is to claim that it WAS found but that the police lost it. Then they can claim that it WOULD have exonerated Skakel, and that it was a Brady violation for the Prosecution not to mention it blah blah blah. These are just new billables.
Last edited by EZPB on 23 Apr 2017, 09:20, edited 1 time in total.